Thursday, October 27, 2011

Friday October 28, John 13.18-20

John 13.18-20

18 I am not speaking of all of you; I know whom I have chosen. But it is to fulfill the scripture, ‘The one who ate my bread has lifted his heel against me.’ 19I tell you this now, before it occurs, so that when it does occur, you may believe that I am he. 20Very truly, I tell you, whoever receives one whom I send receives me; and whoever receives me receives him who sent me."


Thoughts: Here is the great chain or connection that Jesus sets forth on the world. To receive a messenger of Christ is to receive Christ himself. To receive Christ himself is to receive the Father. Here is quite the miracle, it is in our work of declaring Jesus, acting in his name and sharing his love that the world receives the creator of the universe!  Or let's make it even more crazy---it is in our SERVANTHOOD!  In our washing of feet that God is made known!  It is Jesus who becomes savior precisely because he is the bridge between humanity and God, it is Christ who allows us to stand in the presence of God without fear--but still with great awe!

Questions: Have you ever considered yourself to be an agent of God? Do you think people can really receive the divine through our humanity? What does it say about God that he desires to be known in this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment