Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday November 5, John 15.9-11

John 15.9-11


9As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. 10If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. 11I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.

Thoughts:  Joy.  I think this is exactly what we were thinking about in yesterday's reading.  There is joy in this fruit that is being brought forth, real joy.  Joy is an undervalued state of mind.  I often ask folks: "what brings you joy?"  If they have a hard time answering that question it is often times a symptom of a much deeper spiritual issue.  Christians can certainly be realists, but there is a joy that serves as the foundation of our lives that is at once mysterious and resolute. 
 
Questions:  What brings you joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment